What I like the most about my job as Dietician Nutritionist is to listen to each patient, adult or child, to understand their expectations and to propose a personalised method. I can assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems for individuals, couples and families.
I use the most up-to-date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease which I translate into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
I work with healthy or sick people
and I can help you with:
Nutrition and Pathologies
- Obesity and bariatric patient
- Hypertension, cardiovascular diseases
- (pre) Diabetes
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other digestive problems
- Coeliac disease
- Food allergy, intolerances ex. lactose, fructose
- Kidney failure, IRC (creatinine <30ml / min)
- Cystic fibrosis, cancers
- Eating disorders, chronic fatigue
- Anaemia, malnutrition
- Lose/ put weight
Personal and in Group Session
- Nutrition through the life cycle: adults, teenagers, children, babies, pregnancy, breastfeeding, geriatrics
- Nutrition in different situations: vegetarians, sports, people from different countries and their cultures
- Nutrition in groups: family nutrition guide, training at workplace, nutrition in groups for children
Assessment of the patient
- Nutritional assessment
- History of body weight and previous weight loss efforts
- Personal medical background
- Family medical background
Body composition & BMI, BMR and other measurements
- The analysis of body composition: measurement of fat, lean body mass, extracellular and intracellular fluids, body condition, visceral fat
- BMI (Body Mass Index)
- BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)
- Measurement of waist circumference and waist- to- hip ratio
- Measurement of height and body weight
The assessment of the person’s progress is also based on these measurements which are reviewed at regular intervals.
All the consultations include: discussion and evaluation about the changes reached by the person, body’s measures, modification of nutritional behaviour, nutritional training, using both professional tools and food preforms, the purpose for the next time and personalised dietary regime plan.